Thursday, November 10, 2011

Letter To My Unborn Child - Follow The Road, But Pave Your Own

Reactions: 


Hi Baby,

Mommy just wanted to take this moment to let you know that I love you. Not only do I love you but I support you in all that you want to do. I'm sure over the course of your lifetime, what you "want to do" will range anywhere from wanting to be a superstar singer or the president of the United States, but whatever your dreams are, I will be right by your side helping you get there. Hopefully, also helping you find what you were put here to do.

There will undoubtedly be times that I want you to go right when you want to go left. There will be times that I won't want to let you make decisions of your own. As your parent, I have an inherent feeling that I know what's best for you. Call it an occupational hazard...what can I say? But I want you to know, that even during those times, you have to do what you know is right in your heart. For you. Don't be so hardheaded that you can't be open to advice, but if you know something is right for you, know that it is your life and you only have one. For your sake though, I would advise that you articulate it well so that Mommy has a very limited rebuttal. 'Cause you know I have rebuttals for days.

Read More...

My goal in life is to aid you in any way I can so that you can do what God put you here to do, and live to the best of your capabilities. I want you to know that you are special, and there is only one you. Nobody can do it like you, not even Mommy. I've made my own way and it wasn't easy getting here. Some things took longer to achieve than others but I've done what I set out to do. You will too. But baby, don't be like Mommy. Be better than me. You can learn from what I did, take it and use it to your own advantage, but your path will likely be different. I have faith that as long as you stay true to who you are, you will mostly pave roads as opposed to following them.

Even when someone doesn't understand your route, always remember...you can show them better than you can tell them. The destination is yours to reach, no one else's. There will always be naysayers and those who think their way is best, including Mommy, but I will have to trust that I have given you all the tools you need to make your dreams realities. Everybody else, you owe nothing. But to yourself, you owe greatness.

Love you always baby,

Mommy

4 comments:

Shu Banga said...

Beautiful Née-née! Love it! True statement. Spoken from the heart. Niiccee

MISS WHITE said...

Thanks Shu! ;-) Coming from a mother...it means a lot!

Anonymous said...

Great! thanks for the share!

MISS WHITE said...

Thank you.