Thursday, May 19, 2011

If It Gets Any Better, I’m Gonna Think It’s A Setup

Reactions: 


Life is crazy, ain't it? Recently, I've gone through a lot of changes but I'll start here:

I love my social networks. They keep me in the know. I'm a pop culture fanatic and I like to be informed of all the goings on in the world at large. People may think that social networking is for the birds, but to the them I say: you're just behind the times. I learn some of my most surprising lessons and get some of my greatest lines, from none other than Twitter. This morning I woke up and I was going through my timeline and read, "Until the age of 25, you're judged on your potential; after 25 you're judged on your results"-unknown.  I favorited it.


Which brings me back to where I started. Man, I've been looking at my results and quite frankly they're not up to par. But the beauty of it is, I'm in control of my future. And if I was a betting woman, I'd have no problem betting on me.


Read More...
I can't with the "woe is me". And the wa wa wa. Go that way with the boo hooing. When I say my results are not up to par, this is not to say I'm not proud of where I've been, what I've done, and who I am. That's not the case. I'm not a regretful type of person. I go with the flow. Roll with the punches. I may not know much in relation to the game of life quite yet, 'cause for me it's still pretty early. But one thing I know for sure is that it's too short to be crying over spilled milk. In the past I've talked about spending time. When it's spent, just like money it's gone. My time is precious and I'm going to spend it investing in me and getting a huge return.


Whenever I'm feeling like, it's too hard, I think about people who are way worse off than me. Earlier this year, I was laid off. I can be candid about it because this is the plight of a significant portion of the country right now. To be honest, for me it works. Like I said before, I'm working on results, so for me it was a good thing to be let go from a "job". I felt like I was provided with the perfect opportunity to begin to achieve what I'm here to do. My purpose. I'm not the most philosophical person, but I don't think we were just put here to be pussyfootin' around (I had to laugh at that myself). 


When you're able bodied and of sound mind, with a roof over your head and a full belly, I'm gonna just say you're ahead of the game. You're starting out with a better chance at success than many. Real talk, when you have a quiet moment sit down, look around, and take a minute to truly be grateful for what you have. I find myself having to do it often. It brings me back to the true controller of my circumstances. Me. And my hand in my own success. When I think about that coupled with what I have to offer? I just laugh and say to myself, If it gets any better I'ma think it's a setup.


 What say you? What do you do to get yourself back in the game? Back on track?

2 comments:

Hasruger said...

Perfectimundo.

MISS WHITE said...

Gratzi!