Friday, February 11, 2011

Consistency Is Key & Apparently I'm Locked Out

Reactions: 
This week has been a rough one. Don't get me wrong...I'm happy to have seen another week but it was definitely an uphill battle.

Let's see:

Sunday - Was Superbowl Sunday. Went to a Wine Bar in the Stuy called Therapy (check it out if and when you can...dope lil chill out spot) to watch the game. Tried a new red wine (new to me because I'd never tried it nor heard of it) called Cagnina. After 2 glasses, I was borderline dozing off at the spot. The game wasn't that enticing to me so I kept it pushing right to the crib.

Monday - I don't know if it was the Cagnina or what but work was just not happening for me. Stayed home and tried to catch up on some rest and some reading.

Tues. & Wed. - Uneventful

Thursday - I got THE sick of all sick. What did I have to do? Call out of work again. Oh boy!

Read More...


Obviously, I felt horrible about it but what could I do? I don't know about you, but calling out 2 times in the same week puts me on edge. I'm home regurgitating and purging my insides and I'm worryin' about ole Massa and the plantation. Instead of worrying about my health and feeling better, my mind can't help but wander to thoughts of: What are they saying at work? Do they think I'm BS-ing? I'm no model employee but I'm an asset, yet 2 days off and I'm hoping I don't get the ax (not quite that dramatic but I'm not a big fan of being reprimanded either).

Friday - Here I am. Back to work. Still feeling like S-ugar, H-oney, and a tall glass of unsweetened  I-ced T-ea. On top of all of this, I've been working out since the second week of January as a part of my mission to get healthier and increase my fabulosity, but I have not worked out in...a week! Tragic! I'm not a big fan of working out but it does make you feel good and give you a sense of pride. I feel guilty and I need a pick me up...quick!

On the bright side (because there's always a bright side), the weekend is here and one week off my work out regimen isn't the end of the world. But it is a harsh reminder that consistency is key. You can't want to see results and give a half-hearted effort. I'd been giving it my all (okay maybe not my all but a good bit of my all), and fell off for one week and the guilt is not a feeling I like nor want to get better acquainted with. This is going to be an uphill battle for me. A struggle even, but I aint never backed down from a fight before (for real...I haven't. I'm from Brooklyn. What it luh lie?) and I don't plan on it now. I just need to be more consistent and get back on the horse (or in this case, the bike).

Oh by the way - my boss was cool. After I gave him the gory details of my incapacitation yesterday, he assured me it was unnecessary, but he appreciated my willingness to overshare (be glad I spared you the deets).

What do you struggle with? Where do you lack consistency? What helps you stay motivated?

2 comments:

MeMe said...

Thanks for sharing that Miss White!!

I know how that feels, I am really bad at sticking with stuff. I either scare myself out of it or just don't feel like it SO I don't- Not a good thing!!

So my friend had a New Year's bunch and part of it was for people to say what their goal was for the new year and mines was "To stick with whatever I start"..now for many that may be a piece of cake BUT for me, it is truly something I aspire to do. So one way for me to try & stick with it is by going to her brunch next year(it's an annual event they have) to make sure I have that goal accomplished and not be embarrassed that I didn't fulfill it.

Sidenote: I also have a vision board so if I get a bit discouraged, I look at it and it reminds me of what I really want.

MISS WHITE said...

Thanks for sharing! I also have a problem with follow through. Assuring to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for reading and commenting. Also, thanks for mentioning the vision board. I think that can be a helpful tool as well!