Monday, October 11, 2010

Like I'm the only girl in the world......

Reactions: 



Want you to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world
Like I’m the only one that you’ll ever love
Like I’m the only one who knows your heart
Only girl in the world…
Like I’m the only one that’s in command
Cuz I’m the only one who understands how to make you feel like a man

Ain't that the truth!!! Sang it Rih Rih! Amongst females, and people in general, we'd be hard pressed to find topics we wholeheartedly agree on. There's always a flip side and some folks are way too eager to play devil's advocate (myself included...I will argue just about ANY point...keeps the mind sharp!). That being said, most females can agree that, in the eyes of their significant other, they want to feel like the only girl in the world. But this thought process brought me to a larger question. I asked myself...I said self?? Is it that we want to FEEL like the only girl in the world or is that we want to BE the only girl in the world (to the man in question)? This I'm afraid is not a topic so easily agreed upon. I have had countless conversations with women who argue "As long as he makes me feel like I'm wifey/number 1...I'm good." Or "What I don't know won't hurt me" Or better yet "He just better not let me find out". Then there are those, like me, who want to BE the only girl in the world. Some may argue, that that's an idealistic viewpoint, especially when dealing with the opposite sex. Personally, I'm on the fence, when it comes to even believing that males have the capacity to be with only one girl in the world. I personally don't believe it's in their makeup, and if it is, they have to arrive at that point, after MUCH self discovery. But that's just me.  Click HERE to read more........


The real issue is trust and a person's word being their bond. The problem here is not that men are not monogamists by nature. The problem is making a commitment and not sticking to it. So many people, say they want something and then they don't live up to the standard that their commitment has set. My thing is this: If you don't want one person, then say that. Being upfront works best for ALL parties concerned. When deceit rears it's ugly BIG head that's when things start to go a wry. Here's a little secret fellas: If a female wants to deal with you...oh trust and believe she's gonna do it because she wants to. Not because you "love" her, or because ya'll are seeing each other "exclusively". Those days are mostly gone. Of course there are those God fearing "good girls" who are on the hunt for that ideal Man of God. But mostly, in this day in age, especially in NYC and most other big cities, women do what they want, when they want and they don't need a lie to do that. They'll just kick it with you because they simply want to. Oh, but that doesn't change the fact that they want to FEEL like the only girl in the world. Are men up to the challenge? Mostly, I'd say nah. They want it easy.

Any men beg to differ? Speak on it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that a lot of people have convinced themselves that fidelity is a thing of the past, an old school notion. In part because stories make you believe that everyone cheats, televisions minimizes the severity of the situation(except for Snapped) and also because subconsciously they have taught themselves that they can't find a partner that can be faithful. Most importantly I think most women who stay with a man who regularly cheats, or has an 'as long as I don't find out'" mentally actually suffer from low self esteem. Whether they want to admit it or not... A woman who TRULY knows her worth, value and abilities; expects the best and does not settle for what's available. Because a man who has multiple women can not adequately divide his time, his energy or his finances. So at the end of the day what does she really get. In my opinion every woman God fearing or not,(wink, wink) know matter what, where, when or how, wants to be the only girl. And if she doesn't its probably because she's not with the one. Like J. Hud said, I don't even wanna share him with those that came before me...

I know the feeling and I love the feeling!

MISS WHITE said...

So do I! Thanx for reading!