Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Being the best me...........

Reactions: 
Yesterday was a long day.  Got up, got dressed, got to work and my boss had numerous tasks for me to tend to as soon as I walked through the door.  I'm not complaining because there are plenty of days where we are like two ships passing in the night and he doesn't ask me for anything.  I've learned to take the good with the bad. I was just a lil exhausted and of course the dreary weather wasn't doing much to help.  On top of that, I had a networking event to attend and I'm always a little on edge when I have things like that coming up.  Of course, there's the obligatory stress regarding what to wear.  Then there's the task of loosening myself up and getting ready to be my sociable and interesting self (at least that's the goal).  It's always nerve wrecking when there's a lot of influential people in a room and you want to stand out, but at the same time you don't want to seem like a groupie.  I'm so not a groupie but I am not too shy or prideful to admit that I want and NEED to meet people that are doing what they want to do and can help me further my career.  My ultimate goal is to LOVE what I do. Click HERE to read more......


In my opinion, too many people have given up on that ambition.  They've settled for a "good" salary, or a job they don't hate.  That's all fine and well, bills gotta get paid, but whatever happened to the days when we wanted more for ourselves.  Our ambitions and goals were limitless.  I even realize it in my own life amongst my own friends.  I have this thing where I expect people to think like I think and want as much for themselves as I want for me and I want for them.  I'm so on my pro black girl movement and seeing women like Desiree Rogers and Michelle Obama does nothing for my relationships with people who are stagnant.  This doesn't mean that I'm willing to cut everybody out of my life that doesn't see the world through the same lenses that I do, but it does make me question MYSELF and my surroundings.  If you want to be a winner, you have to surround yourself with winners and that's just a fact.  There's nothing wrong with the family life and being domesticated but that's not what I want right now and I feel like I need to be around people who are more of the same mind.  Once I do that, I won't find myself getting annoyed at the ambitions of others.

On top of that, the main goal is to be the best me.  Part of that, is knowing that if you can't change the people around you, CHANGE the people around you.  Moreover, CHANGE YOURSELF!  I'm working on it....

#workinprogress

No comments: