Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is worrying an act of unfaithfulness?

Reactions: 
Man this weather today is a mess (that's my new word for some reason...don't ask why cause I couldn't tell ya). For me, in a good way though. The rain ALWAYS does one of two things for me, either it makes me tired as all hell or it makes me introspective. Today it isn't an either or, it's a little bit of both. Right now, I'm hella happy. I have a great life. Good job, School's going well (that bad ass 3.875 GPA...please excuse me for bragging but I think I earned it *giggles*), I have a great man, and great friends.

Today though, I heard from a friend who's S.O. is going through some financial trouble on top of other issues. She's worried about how things will work out in these tough economic times. I thought to myself "WOW! When it rains it pours". I know it's so cliche but I can't help but think: why do things always have to come in such a rush? Personally I'd take a slow drip, any day, over a waterfall. I'm a firm believer that GOD won't put more on us than we can bear...but we are all only humans. There is a saying that says something along the lines of "if you worry you are not trusting GOD" but I have a hard time believing that. It's like saying you're hungry with no money and you don't know where your next meal is coming from. If you trust GOD, you know eventually you will eat, somehow someway. But, that does not change the fact that you are hungry right then and there. I wonder, is worrying an act of unfaithfulness or is it just human nature?

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good question. I think worrying is human nature. Saying you NEVER worry is like saying you NEVER have an emotion that allll humans feel at some point in their life (ie sadness, guilt etc) Like you said, we can't help but to think about the unknown and how it may affect us negatively...But then that's where faith steps in...it helps you to see things in a positive, more optimistic light. Without that faith, we just keep worrying without a ray of sunshine to brighten up our day. I think some people have the misconception that if you are a believer in God, then you should lead a consistently positive and jovial lifestyle. But just because you have a down moment or two doesn't mean you're doubting the powers of God...and I dont think God believes that either. Why do you think God created prayer?...To help us humble ourselves and ask him to bring us out of whatever situation we may find ourselves in. Whether that may be legal trouble, financial difficulty or even just sadness or worry. He expects us to feel down and out at times..He expects us to he human. He knows we are not perfect creatures!