Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why does she stay???

Reactions: 


I find it interesting that women can easily tell someone else what is wrong with them and their relationship but can not take a minute to look squarely in the mirror. On my way to work this morning, I got into it with my S.O. (borrowed that from abelleinbrooklyn.com) and I wondered to myself: Self? If u have so much to complain about with this man, then ask yourself the same question Neyo asked himself...Why does she stay? Is it because one becomes too accustomed to having someone else around that it seems unfathomable to be alone? Is it because it's not that serious? Is it because breaking up is not an option? Or is it just because it's better to have a piece of man than no man at all? I really don't have an answer that's why I felt the need to blog about it? So I ask...why does she stay???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say all of the above. For so many reasons women seem to not want to admit to or deal with their own issues. They find it so much easier to deal with and fix other peoples problems.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say because the good may outweigh the bad. In other words, it's not that serious. However, there are some of us who stick around because "it's been xx amount of years" or "we've been through so and so together" even though the good can't come close to the all the bad that goes on in the relationship. In that situation, I would say it's fear of starting over, trusting again, being alone like you said, failing at something you wanted to work sooo bad or better yet the thought that "I might as well deal with bullshit from the man I love than with a new guy" At the end of the day women need to learn how to take a deep look into their own situations instead of being so judgemental towards other women. We alllll have our bullshit to deal with and who's to say your bullshit is less triflin than my bullshit?