Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Can I Be Like You When I Grow Up......

Reactions: 
Doesn't it feel good to make it happen?? Like REALLY make it happen and do something worth doing, and feel proud of yourself. I'm always striving to be a better woman and person. But I can't help but feel like it's never enough. And that's the thing: it shouldn't be...EVER.

I look at life like an ongoing learning experience. It continues on til that fateful day when that's it. OVER. That was for dramatic effect but for real though, do you ever wonder what you're REALLY doing? I do.

I met a guy the other day who said to me:

"Do you love what you do? I bet you don't. It's very rare that people do what they LOVE. I'm fortunate to be one of those people".

I didn't feel jealous but I felt...shamed. Like dag, how can a complete stranger just read you like that and be so right? And it wasn't personal, he was speaking to a group, but when you know your own potential it's weird. I felt like he was talking DIRECTLY to me. We parted ways with some words of wisdom he bestowed upon me and it would be an injustice not to pass it on. I mean for real, each one teach one.

Click HERE to find out the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People", with my own translation of course:


1) Be Proactive Not Reactive (Translation- Do something; don't wait for something to come to you!)

2) Begin with the End in Mind (Translation-Have a goal and get there!)

3)Put First Things First (Translation-Procrastination is for the birds!)

4)Think Win-Win;Win-Win=Collaboration Win-Lose=Competition (Translation-Don't hate; there's room for everybody)

5)Seek First to Understand and THEN to to be Understood (Translation-God gave you one mouth and two ears...use them!)

6)Synergize (Translation-There's no I in TEAM!)

7)Sharpen the Saw (Translation-Never Stop Learning-You Can Never Know Enough!)

So there ya go. When ya know better ya do better! So do better! I know I will. I know who I want to be when I grow up but I'm not quite there yet. Are you???

2 comments:

A.B said...

Best thing anyone can share. A life changing experience.

MISS WHITE said...

Thank u. It most definitely was. Not living up to one's potential is...tragic.